Raising Your Children with No Regrets is Catherine Hickem's latest book on being an intentional mother. If you ever wanted to have a personal coach on motherhood, then this book is a great start for you.
In the book, Ms. Hickem explains the seven Principles of an Intentional Mother:
This book seemed like it would be a breeze to read, but I had great difficulty--not in the content of the book but in its application to my heart. The word regret means "to remember with the feeling of loss or sorrow, to feel disappointed or distress about something that one wishes could be different." Do I have regrets as a mother? In some ways I do. After reading this book, I realize that my daughter is insecure because I haven't raised her with an intentional purpose. This book will be a learning tool for me, because I want to raise my daughter with purpose, vision, and emotional intelligence. I want her to be a God-dependent person and to be intentional about her life and the lives of her future children. This is a very good book and definitely worth the investment.
- Be intentional about understanding your purpose.
- Be intentional about knowing your child.
- Be intentional about being a vision keeper.
- Be intentional about developing emotional intelligence.
- Be intentional about maintaining your position.
- Be intentional about being intentional.
- Be intentional about being God-Dependent.