Dorothy E. Robbins has produced an excellent manual from which to teach children the Biblical principles foundational to our Constitution and has explained those principles such that they are easily understood. Each lesson presented includes a discussion of the topic, followed by a specific assignment for the children.
- The Preamble to the Constitution: "We the People"
- The Founding Fathers' Original Intent as Expressed in the Preamble
- Why they Formed: "A More Perfect Union"
- The Second Intent of the Constitution: "To Establish Justice"
- The Third Intent of the Constitution: "To Ensure Domestic Tranquility"
- The Fourth Intent of the Constitution: "To Provide for the Common Defense"
- The Fifth Intent of the Constitution: "To Promote the Common Welfare"
- The Sixth Intent of the Constitution: "To Secure the Blessings of Liberty to Us and to Our Posterity"
- What is a Constitution?
- The Constitution and Property
- The Christian Form of Our Government
- Limitations on Congress: Article I
- More about Taxes and Limitations: Article I Continued
- The Executive: Article II
- The Judicial: Article III
- The States: Article IV
- Changing the Constitution: Article V
- Mainly About Treaties: Article VI
- Ratification: Article VII
- The Bill of Rights
This is an excellent treatment of the Constitution from a Biblical perspective. If you are looking for a good, sound treatment of this topic, Dorothy E. Robbins has provided it for you and your child.